Penn State Sex Scandal: The Latest
- Head football coach Joe Paterno’s weekly news conference has been abruptly canceled.
- Reports are surfacing that Paterno’s time as football coach could be close to ending. The New York Times is reporting Paterno could be gone within days or weeks.
- A possible 9th sex abuse victim has gone public.
- Accused sex offender former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky reportedly had access to team facilities, including the weight room, as recently as last week.
- Powerful voices in Pennsylvania media are calling for the resignation of Paterno and Penn State University president Graham Spanier.
- Potential candidates to replace Paterno as head football coach are being identified.
- Some are saying whoever follows Paterno will have an impossible job.